For a blogroll is a more than just a collection of links: it's promise to the reader:
If you like my blog, it says, then I think you might also like these blogs: These other, er, also themeless, random blogs that really have no connection at all with mine.
And that's why, dear reader I've never had a blogroll. Where's the join? Which in turn is probably why I don't get many incoming links either. So to hell with the promise, I've got one now :-)
Anyway, everyone else is doing it and how else I am ever going to get tagged with one of those cool blog-meme-thingies. [I ever do get one I'm going to straight off to tag David Cameron- I bet he'd do it, as well]
So here goes with botogol's promise: If you like my blog then you'll probably like these other blogs which all have the same name (clever, eh?)
- colorful green ideas - Everyone has had "Colorless Green Ideas" since Chomsky talked about them. I think the world is ready for some color
- Colorless Green Ideas - My tongue's the only muscle on my body that works harder than my heart.
- Colourless Green Ideas Sleep Furiously - Newly formed bland ideas are inexpressible in an infuriating way
- Colourless Green Ideas Sleep Furiously - By a Francophilic, Anglophilic, nostalgic Nintendo-loving New England linguist
- colourless green ideas - Life is about getting things, so what happen's when you get it all?
I'm on a roll now (a blogroll! ha ha!). Link whoring I think they call it, but I have no shame. So here's a roll of blogs I'm reading which, frankly, have not the slightest connection with mine, but which I like, so perhaps you will
I've put them in three sections (on the sidebar where they belong)
- Personal - i.e. essentially themeless or narrative blogs
- Work - my favourite genre
- Ideas - you'll have to click and look, won't you